- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Jyväskylä
- Master of Arts, University of Jyväskylä
- Bachelor of Arts, Lahti University of Applied Sciences, Institute of Design
- Teacher's Pedagogical Education, JAMK University of Applied Sciences, Vocational Teacher College
- Specialist in English Language Learning and Teaching, Basic and Intermediate Studies, University of Jyväskylä
Expertise and work experience in the following areas: research, teaching, lecturing, writing, visual arts, media and communication, service design, exhibition design, interior design, project planning, project management and cultural heritage. I have worked several years as a lecturer and researcher in higher education. My artworks have been displayed in exhibitions in Finland and abroad since 1994.
At the moment I conduct further studies and research in English Pedagogy at the Department of Language and Communication Studies at the University of Jyväskylä and work part-time as an exhibition and education director in Mikkeli. I am also a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Music, Arts and Culture Studies at the University of Jyväskylä. Lately I worked as a project manager in Creative Well-Being in Mikkeli -project. My latest work as an artist included acoustic interior design as well as the research, design and making of acoustic artworks for the Mikkeli University Consortium.
My research interests include arts and design, English language, education, communication, service design, positive psychology, and creativity. I am currently working with a study concerning positive psychology and English language teaching. I write and speak in Finnish and English.
My professional profile can be found also on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paivimariajaatinen