- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Jyväskylä
- Master of Arts, University of Jyväskylä
- Bachelor of Arts, Lahti University of Applied Sciences, Institute of Design
- Teacher's Pedagogical Education, JAMK University of Applied Sciences, Vocational Teacher College
- Specialist in English Language Teaching and Learning, English teacher, University of Jyväskylä
Expertise and work experience in the following areas: research, teaching, lecturing, writing, arts, media and communication, design, project management and cultural heritage.
I have worked several years as a lecturer and researcher in higher education.
At the moment I conduct research in English Pedagogy at the Department of Language and Communication Studies at the University of Jyväskylä and work part-time as an exhibition and education director in Mikkeli. I am also a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Music, Arts and Culture Studies at the University of Jyväskylä. Lately I worked as a project manager in an EU-funded Creative Well-Being in Mikkeli -project. My latest work as a designer included acoustic interior design as well as the research, design and making of acoustic artworks for the Mikkeli University Consortium.
My research interests include communication, English language, education, design, positive psychology, and creativity. I am currently working with a study concerning positive psychology and English language teaching and learning. I write and speak in Finnish and English.
My professional profile can be found also on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paivimariajaatinen